Tips On How to Improve Your Conversion Rates
The importance of well-structured marketing and advertising strategy can’t be stressed enough. Social networks are constantly updating, making it harder for smaller businesses to be seen and heard when marketing themselves organically. More and more companies and brands are using social platforms to market their businesses and advertising space is getting scarce.
Now, more than ever, it is crucial to look into a marketing strategy. Putting dollars behind your content will ensure you are reaching more potential customers in your target demographic with frequency, at that. It is imperative to have a budget for paid ads for your product or business to have a great reach.
The days of big billboards marketing are over. However, this is still how many people view the concept of advertising: get a broad message out to as many people as possible. Not only does this strategy not work anymore, but social platforms will also actually punish you for placing ads in front of people that aren’t relevant by charging you more.
Building specific audiences and having specific ad sets tailored to the needs and desires of these segmented audiences will without a doubt lead more potential customers down the funnel than one broad message that targets everyone.
How to Build a Specific Audience 🧐
- Stereotype. Based on life experience, make assumptions about your audience's behavior. Get inside their heads.
- Narrow in on the location. This is very important for local, brick and mortar businesses, however, e-commerce businesses should be targeting specific locations and neighborhoods where they know their intended demographics live and work.
- Create audience profiles. What are their needs, desires, and problems? Where do they work? Do they have dependents? What is their buying power?
- Separate genders. While this may not be the case for everyone, but more commonly, different genders have varied interests and respond to content differently.
- Make different ad sets for each stereotype or audience profile. People like to envision themselves and respond better when they can relate.
- Do the research and find out which platforms your audience is on and create platform-specific content for those channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc).
Create A Strong Landing Page 📲
An ad should never click through to a website. No one wants to have to do the digging and word to find what they thought they were clicking to see. Send your clicks through to a landing page and make that landing page as simple and straightforward as possible.
- Have a bold and clear headline.
- Provide 3 reasons as to why your potential customer should give you their information (video works best, but bulleted lists are fine in some cases).
- Ask for a name, email, and phone number (90% of text messages are opened and read within 3 minutes of receiving). People will be hesitant to give out more and may opt-out altogether if they are required to.
- Have an inciting and specific CTA (call to action). Nix the "Submit" and the "Sign up for newsletters" and instead address their problem specifically. If you're a gym, "Show me how I can get in shape" or a clothing brand "Update my wardrobe".
- Embed pixels on your site so you can re target. Follow-up is key.
Extra Tips to Turn Leads into Customers 💁🏽♂️
- Host a giveaway. A lot of businesses are afraid to give away something upfront. This can lead to people getting to know your product, and value comes only after the experience.
- Get people to come to try the product. Once they see that you are the solution, they'll be hooked.
- Follow up with an e-mail, phone, or text message.